Maastricht Cardiomyopathy Registry
The Maastricht Cardiomyopathy Registry is an investigator-initiated prospective registry that focuses on cardiomyopathy phenotypes (heart failure) beyond the left ventricular ejection fraction limits. It does so by including unselected real-world patients aged ≥ 16 years who are referred to the cardiology department of the Maastricht University Medical Hospital (MUMC+), and by collecting an extensive dataset and consecutive biobanking. Information collected includes patient characteristics, diagnostic measurements, treatments, quality of life and economic impact assessment, and regular follow-up.
Detailed information of the study design are submitted to a medical journal. The link to the manuscript will be shared here once published.
The aim of the mCMP-registry is to optimise (early) diagnosis, risk-stratification and management of cardiomyopathy phenotypes in individuals that are referred to the cardiology department for HF-like symptoms or cardiac screening.
Specific objectives are to
- optimise (early) diagnosis of cardiomyopathy phenotypes and aetiologies in (a)symptomatic individuals;
- optimise (early) risk-stratification of (a)symptomatic individuals with and without an overt cardiac phenotype that are referred for HF-like symptoms or cardiac screening (e.g. because of known familial cardiomyopathy);
- develop a better understanding of the societal and economic impact of (early) cardiomyopathies;
- develop a better understanding of pathophysiological processes involved in the development and progression of (early) cardiomyopathies;
- develop novel treatment strategies based on these phenotypes.
The mCMP-registry is designed as a scalable prospective observational registry. This means that many study procedures, from data collection, data cleaning, to data preparation of publication, are created in such a way that it can be used and adapted in multiple participating centers. Click here for more information about collaborations.
Study Steering Committee
Chair: professor Hans-Peter Brunner-La Rocca, head of clinical heart failure department
Maastricht University Medical Center
Visiting address: P. Debyelaan 25, 6229 HX Maastricht
Post address: Postal 5800, 6202 AZ Maastricht
Phone: +31(0) 43877097 (secretariat)